Archive for September, 2007

Council Tax Relief

Just a quick one that occurred to me when in conversation with someone just now. If you, or someone who lives  with you needs a room in your house to meet special needs arising from a permanent disability you may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax liability (by one band). We qualify as we have one room that is used for Archie’s therapy. It was easy to apply, someone from the council visited to check the room, and we obtained the discount. It lowered our council tax bill by just over £100 a year. You need to apply via your local council. Ours appears to let you do it online.


Read Full Post »